Monday 28 March 2011


Got my MOT done nothing needed and as usual my tiny little car gets a 'well done' pat !

As it was such a beautiful morning I decided to go for a walk rather than sit around at the garage.Just past Central Motors in St Annes Chapel I came across a delightful little Nature Reserve called 'Pleasure Piece'.It was given to Calstock Parish Council in 1894 and is officially a Village Green.There are several benches there with views down over the Tamar Valley to the Sea.

With the songs of chiffchaffs and linnets drowning out the traffic from the busy Callington road it makes a beautiful peaceful place to sit and reflect on nature while you wait for your car to get fixed!

And I'm really pleased with these lovely irises that have blommed their heads off since January!They are Iris Stylosa I think and love to be baked in the sun.If only the slugs didnt like them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment