Saturday 9 November 2013

Kitchen Plastered

Finally the kitchen is plastered. Andrew, Pete and I have all contributed to the first few coats and a local guy put on the finishing coat using BIO CALCE intonaco plaster. It took about 6 sacks.

 
The texture is a bit more open than we really wanted but a slurry of lime could be brushed in to the very open areas

 
clay paint would work very well in this room

 
The centre of this area is the colour the paint is when mixed and then it dries to a pale ochre.I added yellow ochre to a paint mix of clay and wheat flour paste.
 
 
The clay I used is English China Clay from St Austell , kindly given to me by Jo Moore who is the custodian of the China Clay Museum there.
So an Italian house has Cornish clay paint on its walls!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! I like that texture you have! Maybe we can plaster for our home. I think it would match very well with the rest of our home design. I just hope I can get my wife on board, she was adamant about wallpaper, but I think I can sway her.
    http://www.oldworldplasteringinc.com/services

    ReplyDelete